Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's the next step?

Ok, I have had a few successful gigs but how do I make it a regular occurrence?  Marketing is challenging and expensive so I must choose the right medium for maximum effect.  I have created a Facebook Fan Page and many of my friends have joined.  What I need now is a medium/method to drive business to my services.  I have purchased a domain name that should tie it all together but due to bureaucratic red tape, I have to wait for it to be moved from one service provider to another before I can start to use it.  This would help to solidify the brand but I still need to connect with the local customer base.  I am considering a marketing strategy using printed media (more to follow) but have to wait for confirmation on the domain name as it is a critical piece in the advertisement.  Photography is an industry with room for growth - I just want to carve out my niche and grab my piece of the pie!  Who do I have to shoot to make it in this business?!!

2 comments:

  1. Hit up your friends and colleagues in the area I say. Get the website sorted out then get the business cards and flyers out. oh and get references from former clients

    ReplyDelete
  2. The business cards are out; I need the domain name to be released and then I can get the website squared away! I am working on the references but I really need to figure out the best and most cost effective route for advertising. I am considering some printed media but have to get back in touch with a vendor. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete