Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trying something new!

Ever so often I discover an new way to expand the creative use of raw photographs as ingredients in a complicated recipe.  A recipe for a piece of art.  All I know when I start the creative process is that the chosen photograph will feature prominently in the final  piece.

My recent discovery is textures.  I was exploring the possibility of purchasing a Holga camera or lensbaby kit to create images that looked like they were from a bygone era or shot with an old school camera.  Fortunately for me during my search I discovered textures and how they could be used to create wide and varied effects on photographs and the fun began.

I went even further by converting some of these textured images into digital paintings.  (NB): I have been down with the flu and feverish for the past few days - hence the prevalence of darkness in these pieces!  You have to look into these photos - if you just look at them you will miss everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment