Friday, June 5, 2009

Power



Power is defined as " the possession of control or command over others; authority; ascendancy: power over men's minds."

Do we surrender power to others because we are unable to realize that we can be the masters of our own destiny? Is it fear of failure; insecurity; lack of imagination or some other self imposed limitation that is the root? I say it is time to take the power back and resurrect our self confidence and conviction. To do this we must recognize that we have the power to shape our own destiny, future and ultimately the quality of our lives. If we leave it to others to decide we will never be happy. "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can save our lives..." - Bob Marley!

I am in the process of a mental emancipation and I feel great! Every day I feel better about myself, my life, my art, the world... I feel less vulnerable and more able to take on whatever this life has to throw at me. Bring it! The power of self is in effect -

The Way

The Way that can be experienced is not true;
The world that can be constructed is not true.
The Way manifests all that happens and may happen;
The world represents all that exists and may exist.

To experience without intention is to sense the world;
To experience with intention is to anticipate the world.
These two experiences are indistinguishable;
Their construction differs but their effect is the same.

Beyond the gate of experience flows the Way,
Which is ever greater and more subtle than the world.

-LaoTze-

No comments:

Post a Comment