Saturday, November 7, 2009

Creativity!

Creativity is defined as the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagination.  For me creativity takes a non-traditional route - it happens to me.  When I create I have no specific outcome in mind all I have is a direction in which to start.  The process evolves and takes on a life of its own.  Many times, the results surprise me - I am not sure how it happens but I absolutely enjoy it!  When I create I feel free; losing sense of time and space I become transfixed by the process and have to peel myself away to take the occasional break.  As my biggest fan and biggest critic I am constantly working on new approaches and new pieces and digital media has made it possible to unleash my creativity in the most liberating ways!


In the series "Light's Ballet" digital photography is merged with abstract painting in a unique way (unique to me at least) and I am satisfied with the results.  Check out the slide show below and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. so these are shots of smoke plumes? i like, i can actually see them sitting on the wall of a home or restaurant especially Ethereal, Intertwined and Trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jdid! Hopefully others will feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw an ad for a series of books on the subway yesterday and one of the book covers looked very similar to some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember the name? Probably stock images were used for the cover art. I haven't ventured into that arena as yet but I may at some point.

    ReplyDelete