Monday, August 23, 2010

Under my skin!

I have been trying to pay attention to the way I create in an attempt to better understand myself.  My most recent paintings caused me to really take stock of my complexities - I am unsophisticated but unique.  I was trained as a scientist from high school and as an undergraduate.  A biology major - life science!  As a result I am very curious about the world; people; art; color; feeling - everything!  It comes thorough in my art; and in so much as I hate the categorization of people - I have to admit that I am an expressionist. I communicate an emotion with my art - if you don't get it then you suck - lol.  Phew!  That was freaky!  Anyway on to the work!

Frustrated

This piece reminds me of gametes - sperm and ova. A friend interpreted this painting and said that it felt chaotic/frustrating and she was on point. I couldn't paint what was on my mind and fought hard with this piece~



Baobab - Wisdom
I am particularly pleased with this piece - not that it is particularly good but because I was present as it evolved into what you see! This is not at all what I set about painting.  I like what it became!  I am in awe of this piece. I had been trying to paint a tree for weeks and was unsuccessful until now. Don't know where it came from but I am glad to see it. This piece exemplifies my creative style/approach to a T. It just evolved into the tree you see before you. This is not what I set out to paint at all. I used a sea sponge to make this - fah tru!

The poem reads - 

"I bow to the All Creating Power from which I came, and to which I am returning." -LaoTze-




Convergence
This is my version of the big bang - or anti big bang. This is a snap shot of the universe as it returned to Tao!

No comments:

Post a Comment