Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dem Bones!

After feeling like crap for the most part last week I was finally able to venture out of the house yesterday. Vernell and I went to do some shopping and ended up at Michael's Arts and Crafts. We were looking for t-shirt transfers and a few other items, but when I saw these guys I knew I had to have them. They were quite easy to assemble - I only broke one puzzle piece, which for an impatient person like me is a miracle. I used wood glue to hold the loose pieces in place and sprayed the finished pieces with matte finish. This morning they became props for a playful photo shoot. Here are the results:







In the midst of working on this post I have learned something new. How to embed a flash slide show of images. Heaven's be praised no more laborious uploading of individual images on every site. Hallelujah for technology!


Violence

Powerful men are well advised not to use violence,
For violence has a habit of returning;
Thorns and weeds grow wherever an army goes,
And lean years follow a great war.

A general is well advised
To achieve nothing more than his orders:
Not to take advantage of his victory.
Nor to glory, boast or pride himself;
To do what is dictated by necessity,
But not by choice.

For even the strongest force will weaken with time,
And then its violence will return, and kill it.

-LaoTze-

No comments:

Post a Comment