Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Estes Building - Plymouth Avenue, Fall River, MA

This building's interesting architectural elements have appealed to me since I first saw it and I finally got out and shot it today. It reminds me a bit of the famous Morgan Stanley building in Times Square, New York that is located on 1572 -1598 Broadway. The Estes Building has a bit more character to me because of its location - Plymouth Avenue, Fall River, MA. The only information I was able to find regarding this building's history suggests that it was built in 1905 (granted I didn't look too hard).



View Full Screen!

2 comments:

  1. I like. It sort of reminds me of the Goderham building in Toronto which I have been totally in love with since I came here. Reminds m I should get some shots of that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it. It is a very interesting structure and from all accounts just over 100 years old. Creative use of available space. I would love to see the inside - it must have some curious corners!

    ReplyDelete