Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cool find at Flea Market!



After working late last night I had to pop into work early this morning and on the way back home I took the long route.  I happened to pass by a flea market that was just opening and on a whim, decided to stop in and see if they had any old cameras for sale.  As luck would have it, there was one vendor with an old Agfa camera for sale for, wait for it, WAIT FOR IT - $5.  Yep, $5!  I feel like I stole something.  I paid the lady what she asked and came home and cleaned it up.  This camera seems to date back to somewhere between the 1930s and 1950s.  Photos and info at Camerapedia.org seems to suggest that this is an Agfa Billy.  It takes 120mm film and still seems to work.  I doubt that it would take good pics but it is a nice display item.  Anyway, here are a few pics -

No comments:

Post a Comment