Saturday, September 12, 2009

Made for Walkin'

Ever had a favorite shirt, pair of jeans, hat etc.?  Well, I have favorite shoes.  My Dr. Marten's boots are the most comfortable shoes I own (Brown & Black).  The sole is made from a resilient but flexible rubber-like material that makes standing or walking in them easy on the knees, legs and back.  I have had them for years and usually break them out of the closet when it starts to get cold. They aren't insulated but with warm socks they keep my feet warm and dry even in the snow. Why am I going on about my shoes?  Look at the pictures and stop asking questions!


Indulgence

Straighten yourself and you will not stand steady;
Display yourself and you will not be clearly seen;
Justify yourself and you will not be respected;
Promote yourself and you will not be believed;
Pride yourself and you will not endure.

These behaviours are wasteful, indulgent,
And so they attract disfavour;
Harmony avoids them.


-LaoTze-

No comments:

Post a Comment